<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #77 - 11 msgs

NOSVAIR@aol.com NOSVAIR@aol.com
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:18:53 EST

In a message dated 2/26/2004 4:18:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:

> Any ideas on how to remove this odor?  I had a car that had a damp/moldy
> smell
> inside at one time and I put a bag of apples in the car.  I guess the apples
> absorbed? the smell and somewhat freshened the inside.

The Greenbooger had an aweful smell of mice pee pee.  My first line of attack
was to wash everything possible with Spray Nine...that included the heating
ducts, upholstery, metal interior panels....just about everything I could
access that rodents could.  Seemed nothing worked until I tried an aerosol spray
for removing smoke odors.  The stuff is called Smoke Relief, made by the
EnviroCorp company of Lindsay, Ontario.  This stuff is recommended for eliminating
pet odors, smoke and the like.   A couple of good foggings and the smell was
gone....permanently!  No residual smell afterwords too.  It says one ounce is
good for 200 square feet so you'll have loads in a can for a number of car
interiors.  It's sold in Canadian Tire stores up here but there must be an
alternative down south in Pep Boys or other automotive chains.  BTW...I tried the
Fabreeze solution and it just didn't cut it...this was my last and finally resort.
I'd still advise washing everything possible with Spray Nine before
hand...and wear a good painters charcoal filter mask for both the toxic qualities of
Spray Nine and the rodent urine.

Bruce Webster