<VV> Corvair Video to DVD Project - NO CORVAIR

Bruce Schug bwschug@globalvision.net
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:53:08 -0500

On Feb 26, 2004, at 5:07 PM, Bill Hubbell wrote:

> Bruce (and other interested parties),
>
> Yes, I do have a PC.  I am using the Adaptec VideOh DVD (AVC-2210) as
> my Video
> Capture device, and the software is MyDVD, although I could use any
> software
> compatible with WinXP.  The Adaptec connects by way of USB 2.0 and
> works well
> enough - my main problem is with the source tapes, which, as I stated
> before,
> are of rather poor quality.  I realize I can clean up the video
> digitally, but
> so far I am not satisfied with the limited editing software I have
> (ArcSoft
> ShowBiz).  I will eventually purchase better software, although first
> I need
> to finish building myself a more powerful PC - currently limping by
> with a 1.4
> Ghz Celeron in an older Pentium 3 motherboard and 348 MB RAM, 80G Hard
> Drive,
> Sony DRU-510A DVD/CD RW Drive, etc.  Already have the motherboard,
> case and
> power supply for my new PC - just saving pennies to buy the processor
> (P4
> 800mHZ HT - 2.8 mHZ or better), Graphics card, and memory.  Then I can
> transfer rest of my hardware and get up and running faster.
>
> If you know of a good video editing program for Windows XP, please let
> me
> know.
>
> Bill Hubbell

I don't know anything about PC software for video editing. I know there
are several programs available.

Is there a PC version of Premiere? Years ago that was the standard
among Mac users before Apple hired the guys that wrote it and had them
do Final Cut which is now the standard of professional video editing
software.

Not wishing to get into a Mac vs PC discussion, I will simply wish you
luck.

Bruce