<VV> ..possible ground issue - revisited

songs by steve garko@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:41:20 -0500

A while back I posted a msg about my lighting problems.  A member suggested
I ground each tail-light receptacle (separately) to the body, which I did.
Thanks!! I now have all lights working.. including the backup lights and
license plate light.. they look very nice at night; almost makes the eyes
misty.

I have one issue remaining, which I've not been able to fix.  When I pull
the HL switch to either the 1st or 2nd position, my instr lights do not
light; instead, my right directional signal comes on.  The directional also
dims instead of the Instr lights when the dimmer is applied. The left turn
signal works normally, but when the right turn signal is applied, the
directional lamp does nothing.  (All 4 exterior directional lamps work
fine).  So, in other words, only the right interior directional signal and
instr lights are affected.

I've checked all my exterior bulbs (all fine), and the 1 or 2 instr panel
bulbs I've looked at were also good.  I've even tried temporary grounds on
the front receptacles with the same results.  Also replaced flasher, HL
switch, and of course permanently grounded the rear pots, which fixed the
other light issues.

I've read a little about dash-grounding problems with the later models;
somehow I don't think that's the issue here... any thoughts on what may be
causing this??  Maybe a bad instr panel bulb I haven't looked at?  Has
anyone experienced anything similar?  Would sure be nice to know when my
right turn signal is on.. hard to hear the flasher when the top is down!!
Guess I could get one of those "beeping flashers", but then someone would
mistake it for a backup alarm...  Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks much,

Steve Garskof - St. Pete, FL
'62 Vert (99% correct lighting!)

Songs by Steve