<VV> Re: Yenko Stinger on eBay

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:35:03 -0700

6K seems about right, 24K does not!  Although I saw some rust which would
concern me further -->  I would look at it in person before shelling out 6K!

At 03:37 PM 2/26/04, you wrote:

>--- "Eric S. Eberhard" <flash@vicspdi.com> wrote:
> > My opinion is that this car is worth nothing
> > special.  It is RE-BODIED,
> > already ruining it.  Added to that, look at the
> > pictures, it still has rust
> > problems.  It also looks like many other things are
> > not correct.
> >

>  Actually, that car is pretty correct for what it
>represents. Rolly ordered the car with no stripes. If
>they didn't list it as rebodied, 99.9% of the people
>out there would never know. The only things I saw
>wrong on it, was the lack of a belt tensioner, the
>heads on the wrong sides and the missing decklid
>latch. Otherwise it's pretty close. My '66, which is
>one of the few (I'd say 20%)that still has it's
>original body, came with a back seat, no stripes, no
>sail panels and a steel decklid, but that's they way
>it was.
>  If YS-028 still has the correct suspension, transaxle
>and steering parts, I'd say it's worth 6K max, going
>by the pix. I know a person who paid 2K just for a
>Yenko tag within the past 6 months.
>  I agree with you that Corvairs are a good investment
>to drive and enjoy, but not to retire on.
>
>  Later - Mike
>
>  Mike

>Get better spam protection with Yahoo! Mail.
>http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html