<VV> Throttle problems...

aircooled6@prodigy.net aircooled6@prodigy.net
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:02:53 -0600

Is it a rebuilt distributor?  The last one I bought had the darned weights
in upside down which caused centrifugal retard, the higher the rpm, the
lower the power.

Hmm, now that I think about it, has it been sitting?  Maybe the centrifugal
weights are "stuck".  With the cap off, move the rotor to see if the weights
are able to move.

Points - if you have them, try another set.

-- to tell if its the vacuum advance, you can try simply disconnecting it
and bump the static timing up several degrees and try driving around.

Thats my thoughts.  Hope it helps.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX