<VV> 'Breviations

Steven J. Serenska Steven_Serenska@medici.com
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:38:02 -0500

Bob:

>There are other chapters that use "Vair" in the club name,
>and still more that use "Vair" in the newsletter name.  It's a cute pun at
>times, such as Vair Force and Vair Mail, but it still creeps me out.
>Anyone else bothered by this?

I am also bothered by these but, since so many others seem to like them,
I generally keep mum about it.

As much as I dislike them, my wife -- who barely tolerates my Corvair
habit in general -- nearly spits when she reads the word "Vairs" in
print.  She pronounces 'Vairs' with the same wincing, pained voice, and
saliva output used by Doug Niedermeyer when chewing out "Flounder" in
the movie Animal House...."Did you say, 'Vvvvvvvirtual Vvvvvvvvvvvairs',
Ffffffflounder?"

As a group, I guess we can console ourselves with the thought that the
only thing fruitier than saying 'Vair' is saying 'Stang'.

'ven 'renska