<VV> Re: Matching Engine Numbers

LonzoVair@aol.com LonzoVair@aol.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 23:46:23 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/2004 9:44:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
NOSVAIR@aol.com writes:
It might not matter if you're buying an everyday driver for $2000
where numbers matching was of little importance.  Hypothetically though, if
you or
I were in the market for a low mileage original 66 Corsa convertible I bet
we'd want to be armed with all the info we could possibly have to make an
educated decision before laying out over $10 G's.

Everyone! Please let it be known that Bruce's prices are in Canuck Bucks, not
"real money"... so that makes it about $500 for the daily driver and about $3
G's for the low mileage Corsa...

With that said, I want to let you guys know what Cheryl & I did today. We
drove the 64 700 sedan to Leitchfield in search of my paternal Grandmother's
grave site. She died when I was 8 years old, and I hadn't been there in almost 29
years... most of what I remembered was my Dad showing me his Mom's parents
grave stone, and her grandfather's stone (the second largest in the cemetery)...
he had been a "Circuit Preacher" and also the Sherriff of Breckenridge County
KY right after the War between the States... Grandma's Dad had also served
during the Spanish-American War. It was a good feeling, to stand there and
remember, not just Grandma, but the stories that Grandma had told Dad, that he later
told me...
I'll have to see what it will take to get a bronze plaque from the VA for
great-grandpa Harned and his service during the Spanish-American War... I
wouldn't have known about it if we hadn't found the papers in Dad's stuff when he
died almost 5 years ago...
On the way back the rubber part of the muffler hanger broke, so we limped
into a convient store for a wire hanger... Cheryl came out with 2 fly swatters...
(it has dual exhaust, so the whole muffler was dragging and sparking)... I
tied it up to the fender brace and slowly drove home...
I hope your Memorial Day was as fulfilling as mine.
Looking forward to seeing you guys at the convention! I'll be the poor sap
with the glow-in-the-dark leg cast.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com
BUY THOSE RAFFLE TICKETS!!!! They make GREAT GIFTS!!!