<VV> Ultra checkin time!

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:47:47 +0000

ALL

> From: UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
> > Subject: <VV> Ultra checkin time!
>
> > What did all the others do???
>
> Did I see smoke in the east....from the initial startup of the EUM????

Well, you would have....

The guy who told me "just put your engine in and drive it"

neglected to tell me that the dash harness (the 300.00 one)
that came with the car had 3 different places where a minimum of three wires were melted together. So yesterday I pulled the harness out of the donor car---luckily I hadn't sent it to the crusher yet--. And hoping to start it up tonight. We saved the easiest part for last--wiring the ignition switch.  ULTRA didn't save the day again.

So everyone realizes what the deal was--

Initally I was looking for a body. Just a body.

Deckrug Inc says---just put your engine in and drive it.

Front end---shocks that would compress if you looked at them---original spirals. All bushings and ball joints toasted. Tie rod ends shot. Steering box in BAD need of rebuild.

Brakes---hoses shot, cylinders seized, shoes toasted.

Rear suspension ===again, everything shot. Differential case also not useable.

THAT'S OK!!! No Cryin' about what I had to spend. The price was right.

But the guy who said--Put your engine in and drive it...needs to check for stripped bolts and blown gaskets
above the neckline.

And you know who you are. <GG>

EUM has an appointment wed evening at the alignment shop, and it SHOULD make it, under its own power.

Will advise when it happens.

HANK