<VV> 63 Convertible heads

Craig Eagleson cle9@cornell.edu
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:29:44 -0400

Greetings once again VairFans,

An update and question regarding my 1963 Spyder convertible.  We (you) all
helped me determine it is a 1963 Spyder,( see posting 25-May-04)
Here's the VIN stats:
Vin:  3 0967 W 113452
Style:  09D 63-0967
Trim: 1-781
Acc:  E2CD3C
Body:  WR 2265
Paint:  900-5
Engine: T09I9YR
Thanks to all for the help........Now I have the head and distributor numbers:
Heads: 3817287 (That's the right one, the left one I can't get to due to
the front hose shroud.)
Distributor:  1110278
As several people suggested, I believe the turbo was removed and two carbs
put on as a cost saving measure.
Here's the question:  Can I run this combo of heads, carbs and dist.
without doing any damage to the engine?
I am not sure this car was ever running in this configuration, although as
I said before it sputters (almost starts) when  I crank it over.
Once again TIA for the help.

Craig Eagleson
cleagl@yahoo.com
1963 Monza Spyder Convertible