<VV> Greenbrier for sale

Jim Thomas b74eqcm@hotmail.com
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:22:46 -0400

Greetings group!

The time has come to thin the herd and let go a project I will likely never
get to.

For sale:  1963 Greenbrier

highlights:

- rust in usual places (bottom of rear fenders, cab rockers). Underside
solid.
- van is complete (3 seats, dash not cut up, etc)
- engine has a knock from running without belt alllllll the way home by a
PO. Was a driver prior to belt incident
- has been garaged the entire time I have owned it (5 years) except the last
few months as my wife won't let her Monte Carlo SS stay outside.
- restorable
- was supposed to be a father/son restoration, but son more interested in
bits and bytes than wrenches
- extra correct van engine included, checked by Cotrofelds
- drives fine: when we moved, I drove it 8 miles from one house to the
other. Lights, horn, wipers, etc all work. Steering tight. Brakes stop well
and straight. Rear wheel bearings tight and quiet. All glass ok. Gas tank
will need to be drained and flushed. Passed inspection when last driven.
- 80 hp PG
- pics are available. email if you want them.
- van is located in Bethel, Vermont (almost dead center in state)
- price: $325.00, including extra engine.  I don't want to part it out, I
just want it to go to someone who will save it. Almost any offer will be
accepted. It's definitely restorable.
- van has an interesting history. In the rear windows are tourist stickers
from Mexico from 1964 and 1965, and Canada stickers from the 1970's. There
is also a mph to KM conversion sticker on the dash.
- if there are no takers, I may part it out. Email with wants.
- for what it's worth, Pete Koehler looked at it and thought it had more
rust than he wanted to deal with. I don't think it's too far gone, but I'm
not going to get to it either.

Please email me if you have any interest. This is a restoration project, not
a driver. I will assist with shipping at your expense if desired.

Thanks for the bandwidth!

Jim Thomas

03 Monte Carlo SS Pacecar Edition
98 Coachmen Catalina 25'
95 K1500
94 Subaru Legacy LS AWD wagon
69 Buick Skylark
65 Monza Vert 110/pg
63 Greenbrier <---- looking for a good home

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE