<VV> Matching numbers, Corvette people (humor)

Brown, Douglas T CIV NAVAIR DEPT douglas.t.brown@navy.mil
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:21:46 -0700

Craig,
I would like to offer you an escape from your pain.  Since the early/late debate is worth about $1 IMO, and you claim the "dated and correct" debate is 10,000 times more unpleasant, I will offer to take the Corvette off your hands for $10,000.  I consider that a generous offer to alleviate this mundane pain.  I will hence bear the burden of knowing some of this car may not be perfectly correct.
Kindly,
Toby Brown
San Diego

~~~~~~~Original Message~~~~~~~~
From: NicolCS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 09:27:09 EDT
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Matching engine numbers
<SNIP>
Corvette people are so anal
about numbers that it takes all the fun out and IMHO just about kill the joy
of owning one of those cars.
<SNIP>
If you think Early/Late
gets a little stale as a topic of discussion, it pales in comparison to "dated
and correct", which is roughly 10,000 times more unpleasant.  Let's keep our
heads up on this one.
Craig Nicol
65,66,67 Corvairs, 140/4, 2 EFI
65 Corvette 327 FI