<VV> RE: A/C belt (Humor)

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 23:04:13 -0400

I used to wear A "C" belt, but now it is more like a "D" belt.

Bill Hubbell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank DuVal" <corvairduval@cox.net>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 10:37 PM
Subject: <VV> RE: A/C belt

> Del asks:
>
> Any one have a good number for an AC belt?  Thought I had one but I found
> out I now have five fan belts!!
>
>   Thanks
>
>    Del Patten...CNM
>
> I recently worked on a '62 with added air, not factory installed. The
Dayco book called for a 47 and 1/2 inch belt (15475) but it was too long. A
45 and 1/2 inch belt worked fine ( 15455). The last three numbers in most
belt part numbers is the length. A stock blower belt for our cars is 56
inches,  or a Dayco 15560. The first numbers refer to the width. In Dayco a
15 series belt is narrower than a 17 series belt.