<VV> Wood Wheel -- Original or Not?

Blaine Sanders blaines@infowest.com
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:40:48 -0600

Friends,

I just acquired a wood (ok, plastic made to look like wood) sport wheel out
of a '64 Spyder.  It's definitely a vintage GM sport wheel, & the hub fits
the Corvair column perfectly.  The diameter of this wheel is approximately
1/2" larger than the regular early model steering wheel.  It has the
incorrect horn button (although it is a corvair horn button with a rubber
retainer -- '62 I think).  But I question whether or not it is originally
out of a corvair, or if it is out of another '60's GM vehicle.  The reason
is, the picture in the Clarks manual shows 3 spokes, and this wheel only has
two.  Either way, it's in excellent condition, & it's staying right where
it's at.  But I'd still like to know if it's an original Corvair part.

Thanks,

Blaine