<VV> Need thread size info (and minimal vent).

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:06:14 EDT

After wasting the better part of a morning trying to find a 1/4-20 thread
insert kit at Discount, AutoZone and NAPA, I finally found the insert coils (at
AZ), but no kits which include the drill, tap, and insert tool. If anyone knows
the drill size and tap size needed for the inserts (customer has a couple of
stripped oil pan bolt holes), please let me know (or a recommended larger size
bolt, and any tricks to getting the insert installed without the handle).

Vent - It has become VERY frustrating not being able to find many of even the
most basic items any more after all the LAPS consolidation (and resulting
price gouging). I have seen many prices double (or more) over the past couple of
years on several of the items I once purchased from them. (Carter/Edlebrock
carb kit increased from $19 to $34, for example). Vent Over - no response
needed, or intention to start a thread :-).

Thanks,
Grant