<VV> Thread repair problem solved

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:49:48 -0400

It has always been my understanding (somehow) that the external threads on
Heli-Coils, etc. are NOT standard bolt threads. Nonstandard combinations of
pitches and diameters.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of GYoungwolf@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 12:52 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Thread repair problem solved

Thanks to all for the input and ideas on the 1/4-20 thread problem I wrote
about. As luck would have it, a friend told me about a small privately owned
parts house in the area, and they had what I needed in stock - by
Perma-Coil. For
those interested, the drill size needed was a 17/64", but I have not been
able to ascertain the tap size yet. Kit was also 20% cheaper than at the
LAPS
:-).
Grant