<VV> Carb jets

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:14:09 -0400

This is a question for my '65 Corsa 140.  This car has a mild cam, stock
exhaust, .60 over pistons, and is otherwise pretty much stock.  I put a set
of rebuilt carbs on it last year but I still have some carburation issues.
The first problem is that I am not getting enough travel from my accelerator
linkage, and I know I have to solve this by adjusting the linkage at the
bell crank at the transaxle.  Because of this, my secondaries will only open
part way.  When the do open, the car bogs.  I think that the primaries have
49 jets, and the secondaries have 53 or so jets, so I know I have to do
something about that.

Questions:

1.  What jets does the group recommend for this car?

2.  While I have the carbs apart, I want to put in the little tubes that
keep it from cutting out in corners.  I don't have Bob Helt's book here at
the office but would like to stop at the local hobby shop and pick up some
tubing today.  What diameter and lengths do I need?

Thanks!

Norm Witte