<VV> Re: Battery Tender

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 00:20:40 -0400

Smitty says:  I have to weigh in on this thread concerning charging
voltage.  You guys that have operating small chargers/tenders.  Put a
meter on them without having them on a battery.  Don't be surprised if
they are putting out 20 volts.  I guess it has to be that high to
maintain 13 volts when loaded.  You can't get that from a 12-14 volt
transformer.  Another thing.  I believe it was Matt way back that
mentioned Harbor Freight.  I buy mine there for $15.  I have three and
have had one failure in maybe five years.  They do keep the cars ready to
start for months on end.