<VV> Re: Electrical Problem

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 00:11:39 -0400

-----------------smit-------------
Smitty says: Dave one thing I learned years ago about finding a short
that includes a blown fuse.  Put your test light leads on each end of the
fuse holder.  The light will stay on as long as the short is there.  by
extending the leads you can hang the light below the rocker panels so you
can watch for it to go out if you are checking wires in the tunnel.  Or
you can drape the light wires over the rear view mirror to keep an eye on
it while checking wires in the engine compartment.  Unplug available
connectors and sockets to isolate the problem.  If you unplug a coupling
and the light goes out then you know the short is in the unplugged
section.