<VV> Lack of power=lack of memory

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet@CHARTER.NET
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 08:27:24 -0400

Back when I first got my 69 Convertible I was road testing it after changing
heads because of a dropped valve seat in the 140 head. I usually make a lap
around the neighborhood first so if anything happens I can get it back to
the shop easily.
On this occasion the car ran poorly with all of the symptoms described
below. It barely had enough power to get back up the hill to the house. I
jumped out, opened the lid and began looking for anything apparent. When I
revved it with the cross shaft I saw the right carb was not doing anything
mechanically. Then I saw the linkage rod disconnected and the clip lying
nearby. You aren't alone!
My biggest "Look for the obvious" oversight happened when I was into the big
car stereo scene. I had an elaborate competition system in my 88 Daytona.
Well, one day it just quit working. I was immediately thinking way ahead of
the obvious and began removing the head unit and some other components.
After having disassembled half the system and finding nothing amiss I
thought maybe I should check the power connection. It was then that I saw
the large inline fuse had blown. Doh! Where's Mr. Obvious when you need him!

Rick Norris
First President CORSA 1971
Email rickjanet@charter.net
Web Site http://webpages.charter.net/corvairalley