<VV> Corvair Sighting, Hawaii

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 08:48:59 -0400

	I saw one last year on Maui (at Kanapali Sands condos), a pretty
blue early conv.  Never found the owner.  Remarkable it wasn't rusty
bucket!

JED

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Spencer Shepard
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2004 8:18 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Corvair Sighting, Hawaii

While on vacation in Hawaii last week I came across a Rampside driving
along the oceanside highway near Kaneohe Bay (East side of Oahu). It was
turquoise with a white stripe and had the license plate MMNICE. It
looked pretty stock except dual exhaust (140?) and a rear facing seat
(Greenbrier?) in the front of the bed.  The same night I saw it I had
dinner at a house in Lanikia which is an affluent beach community near
there. The host was a car guy (used to buy used race tires from Parnelli
Jones in the '60's) who told me the Rampside was parked at a house near
there and the owner used it to transport his Harley.

Spence Shepard