<VV> TH400 Kickdown Yes Corvair Content!

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 22:12:26 -0600 (MDT)

Trying to add a kickdown switch to the TH400 transmission in our friend's
Toronado powered 66 Corsa.  The transmision has a two prong connector
coming out of the side, and we have a harness for it that has a white wire
and a black wire with a white stripe.  From what I can determine one
should go to a kickdown switch that is presumably supplied with 12+ volts
when the throttle is pushed past 3/4.  But what does the other wire do?
Is it simply for a ground?   Additionally I have been told that the
kickdown switch mounted near the accelerator, or behind the accelerator
pedal.  But it also appears there was a mount for this switch on the
carburetor on some models.  Does anyone know about this? This seems like
it would be simpler to do in this installation.  Can anyone help on this?
Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Geoff Johnson
66 Corsa Cp 140/4