<VV> OTR--Corvair related

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:54:15 +0000

All
No, I didn't drop dead, sorry to  disappoint so many. <G>  Left Charlotte Fri at 330PM to drive to NY. Got to the Recall in Baldwinsville at 330AM on Saturday, the welcoming committee long being asleep by then.

Got out on the Concours field at around 10 AM, got some nice pics of some cars I had never seen before, including both FC's that Tim Colson has discussed in this forum. Nice handiwork on most ALL the cars I saw. Found out Tim knows quite a bit about gas heaters.
 Spent some time looking at a 65 Canadian Monza. Never paid attention before, but the trunks are body color inside, no spatter!!

Back to the hotel after dinner at my wife's brothers home, not far away from the Recall site.  Later that night, my first taste of a decent Pizza in almost 2 years, from Pepi's of Oneida....They got it down.

Sunday Am off to Buffalo, a mere 160 miles down the toll road..Dinner from Mighty Taco--(California watch out for these guys) and ended up at a bar not far from my brothers home known throughout the county for its Roast Beef Sand's and beer...

Yesterday was spent doing some light shopping, driving around town, dinner at my mom's house and the evening on the beach on the Niagara River on Grand Island.

Today I visited some friends, dinner at my brothers house and the evening at a patio Bar.

Tomorrow, Niagara Falls(both American and Canadian sides) dinner on Grand Island and an evening boat ride on my friends 20' runabout.

Haven't heard a word from my mechanic on the status of the EUM...Had an appointment at the alignment shop and inspection station yesterday. His girlfriends daughter has a bad habit of keeping the phone line tied up all day long.

Will advise when I hear something.

Hank---On the Road in Buffalo.