<VV> Re: 140 vs 180

Lluke2136@aol.com Lluke2136@aol.com
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:08:14 EDT

I've owned various 140-powered Corvairs and a '65 Corsa 180. The 180 was a
lot more fun on the street and anvil reliable. No tinkering or messing around
with it, it just ran.  Of course it was my Dad's before he passed away and was
about the most perfect Corsa I've ever seen.

I drove a 140 as a daily driver for many, many years. The 140s are kind of a
pain. They need a preflight about like an airplane before being driven to
check for linkage defects and leaking fuel fittings.  Probably a lot of others
besides me have nailed the throttle in a 140 and had the linkage jam full open.
There's no way to keep all that monkey motion from going beserk at some point
without constant fiddling.  And then there's the valve seat disease.

For daily driving, I vote for a stock 180.

Bob Thomas