<VV> 140 Valve Seats

James Davis jld@wk.net
Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:42:24 -0500

Please don't talk about dropped seats in 140 around my four.  They don't
know they are supposed to have a problem.  The Ultra Van has 44,000 miles
on a 140 engine with a OT-10 cam and headers. It sees full throttle at
3,400 rpm for hours on end (1hr 45 minutes without lifting is my
record).  The air conditioned 61 Rampside has 11,000 miles on its new
engine with Ray Sedman heads and cam.  The air conditioned 66 Monza runs an
OT-20 cam and Powerglide.  The champion is the 65 Corsa convert with
230,000 miles on the engine (304 cam, octane milled pistons.  No dropped
seats since 1971.  It is in who does the head (imho).
Jim Davis