<VV> Fuel pump noise update

Sam & Marissa Andolino mandolin@rochester.rr.com
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 17:21:28 -0400

After checking that none of the screws on top the pump were loose , I took
the pump out.  I put a new spring in when I put the pump in so I decide to
check the pump rod. The top of was not broken but I did notice the top part
was a black color and the replacement was not. When I put the two together,
the black one was shorter than other one.  After checking the Clarks catalog
the black one was the  same length as the rod for 60-61 pump but top was for
the 62-69 pumps. The new pump went in and the car still did not run. The
wire from the harness to the coil was loose and after tighten down the car
started up and no more noise from the pump. To bad I toss the old pump I
would have liked to compare the old with the new.

Sam Andolino
66 Turbo