<VV> Re: Concours

Mark Chapman chapmanmd@charter.net
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:54:27 -0500

Mark,

That was quite an eloquent elaboration of verbage. How do you really feel?  <GGGG>

I cannot even pretend to speak intelligently about CORSA concours stipulations. I can, however speak to those of other judging bodies.

I had, verifiable, the #1 XK150 coupe in the world, as judged at Pebble Beach. As bad as I wanted that car to be a lightweight XKSS, it wasnt. I could have changed badges and such, but guess what, it was still an XK150.

Rebadging a car doesnt make it a different car. If your car was built by father Chevrolet as a Monza, its a Monza. If I want my 66 Monza vert to be a Yenko, I cannot just put appropriate Yenko badges on it and have it miraculously become a Yenko. Its still a 66 Monza.

You make some really good points, however, as a wise Patio guy on this list told me once, "just be happy with what you have, drive it, and appreciate it for what it is." Very sound advice.

If Chevrolet did not have the foresight, in your eyes, to build a 1969 CORSA, we as enthusiasts have not been given the inalienable right to create one. Neither VIN nor State Title will make it so. I always wanted to be a talented musician... Learned to play and everything... doesnt make me talented; makes me knowlegeable, just not talented.

Sorry to disagree mate...

Mark Chapman