<VV> 140 Valve Seats

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:20:13 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/04 2:31:05 PM US Mountain Standard Time, ronh@owt.com
writes:

> You're totally neglecting what may be the biggest factor and that is the
> smaller coolant passages on the 140 heads due to it's larger valves which
> cuts the air flow.  Of course it will have problems as the cooling is
> already marginal with the standard valve heads!
> RonH

Ron,
I respectfully disagree. My rather involved visual comparison of the 140 hp
head air passages compared to a 110 hp head found that the openings were
virtually identical.
Also Chevrolet engine test reports show very similar temperatures for 140 and
110 engines under identical test conditions.
Regards,
Bob Helt