<VV> Plug Secondaries (140hp only)?

James Davis jld@wk.net
Wed, 09 Jun 2004 19:07:59 -0500

All my Cars and FC have 4 carbs the Ultra Van does not.  The reason is
simple.  Pushing 5,000 pounds into uphill campground parking spot requires
maximum torque at about 2,000 rpm and, thus, a very mild cam.  Since the
engine (with the OT-10 cam) runs out of breath at 4,200 rpm, what purpose
would the other two carbs serve?  If you rev a 167 cuin Corvair above about
4,500 rpm the two extra carbs make a difference that shows up in the
G-Tech.  I also run headers, Isky or Crane valve springs, and roller
rockers on all 4-speed engine. and use a 6,000 rpm red line.  After all
that is where the tach stops (vbg).
Jim Davis