<VV> Re: CONCOURS PHILOSOPHY 101

Gary mopar@jbcs2.net
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 05:51:48 -0400

While I somewhat agree with what you are saying, I think you miss the point.
We could have 100 different classes for each combination, but what you have
in effect is a modified car.
It really should not be a problem as you are judged against a standard. If
it is a 94 point car it still makes it a senior (and on down the line) even
if the car you are parked next to has mag wheels and fuel injection. It is
not a first second third event so you are not being treated unfairly. You
still have a chance at an award based on what your car is, not as compared
to someone elses.
I think your point would be valid if you lost out to someone with more
visible and noticeable modifications.

I run a local all makes and models car show. 2 day affair with 50 classes
between 2 days. Every year it's someone else that is complaining they do not
"fit" in any of my classes. Like the 66 Ford with the cruiser skirts, side
pipes and curb feelers, doesn't want to be in modified, can't be in stock,
doesn't want to compete with the "customs and lead sleds". Basically expects
me to make a class for 60's customs just for her. The guy with the austin
healy with the small block chevy, is not stock enough for foreign class,
doesn't want to be with the "american modifieds". etc........

Gary Swiatowy