<VV> Head temp - Lft vs Rt (was VDO)

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:25:14 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/2004 6:14:38 PM Central Standard Time, pottsf@msn.com
writes:
This could be an interesting experiment for someone with the needed
instrumentation. I would look for a "flip" effect as air is diverted to the
open side. Less air will flow through the closed side than would with both
sides closed, because more is flowing through the open side.
Joe,

I don't know if this would happen to a great extent. I'd bet that the
cylinders and heads are the things that limiting airflow. The reason the heads run
cooler without the lower shrouds is that the hot air get out, away from the
heads sooner.

I like experiments and I need to remove the lower shrouds for cleaning. I'll
do this experiment while you're all in Lexington and report my findings.

Ned