<VV> RE:Concours philosophy

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:26:34 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <ChiefTAM@aol.com>

> Just wondering....why does it matter what class you participate in in a
> concours, as I thought you are not competeing against other vehicles in as
much as
> you are competing against a standard.  You don't have a "winner" as you
could
> have numerous 100 point cars.  Unless I missed something and they won't
judge
> the 69 Corsa in any class.
>
> Todd
> Dallas

That's right Todd, but some people are just looking for an argument even
when it means trying to be put in a class where they'd score lower. Factory
Stock cars need to have just the right amount of gloss on everything,
virtually impossible to replicate or even know what to replicate.
Modified cars don't need to be any particular anything, just clean.
Mark's '69 Corsa will just have to compete in Modified, against my
Corvair-powered half-scale replica Oscar Mayer weinermobile. :)

yea, Vairily ... Shaun