<VV> Re: Oak Ridge

TONY FIORE tonycorsa@juno.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:04:32 -0400

No, Joe, I didn't mind working  at Oak Ridge. As I said, one didn't
decide where one wanted to work in those days. They told you where to
work.
I went to work at Oak Ridge at the beginning of new year 1942, and left
some time around July, 1942. I can tell you that NOBODY working at Oak
Ridge knew what we were working on. It was kept VERY secret. We were just
told it was a new kind of explosive bomb.
        It just so happened that after Oak Ridge I was sent to Brooklyn,
but I'm sure it wasn't because it happened to be my home town.
 While working later at Todd Shipyards in Brooklyn, N.Y/ I worked on
a couple of the Cunard LIne ships, but not the Normandie.

Tony Fiore,
Pres. Mail-Copy Publications
Author- "THE CORVAIR DECADE"