<VV> Worthless awards, - Au Contrere

AKG hdflstf@earthlink.net
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:44:31 -0400

Good thing about not needing a Rocket Scientist because I would much rather
be participating in the events than sorting out the scores of all the cars.

The Artful Dodger

Personally, I would never refer to any of the Gold, Silver, Bronze awards
earned in Corsa Concours as "worthless", but maybe that's just me. The
Concours
participants, (Mark has noted that he doesn't compete), requested the change
from First/Second/Third types to Gold/Silver/Bronze awards because of the
even-handedness of the new system. Perhaps as a result of the class
structure
that Corsa has used for many years. In the old system, a car could  earn a
first place award by beating another car. It could have been (but usually
was
not) an 88 point car. It won an award, but in a large, highly competitive
class,
a 95 point car could receive no recognition, because there were 3 other  95
or above cars in it's class, dropping it to fourth. As somebody mentioned,
it
doesn't take a rocket scientist.......