<VV> CONCOURS PHILOSOPHY 101

NOSVAIR@aol.com NOSVAIR@aol.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:04:42 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/2004 8:26:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:

> Mark writes:

> Further,I am NOT asking for any "new" class to be created. The class
> that it SHOULD be in already exists. And I would be perfectly happy if
> only the chairman would follow the written rules, instead of making my
> car a "special exception."

Mark,
  I'm following this thread with great interest.  I wonder if a redefinition
of the Street Stock class is in order instead of making your car the
exception.  What you propose could spell the end of that classification as we know it.
  I'll do you one better.   Some day I'm going to build an exact replica of
the Super Spyder.  I could then claim the fact that it *was* something Chevy
produced ( something you can't claim about your 69 Corsa )and would want it
moved from Radical class into Factory Stock Restored class.
  I agree that you have a legitimate case if you consider loop holes in the
rules as fair play.  Reminds me of the time someone within the club tried
passing off a serial plate alone as a concours entry. ;^)

Bruce Webster
'60 500 Sedan
'61 700 Coupe
'64 900 Coupe