<VV> Wheel bearing seals

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:23:57 -0700

At 07:57 hours 06/12/2004 -0400, Paula Tilsley wrote:
>Greetings all
>
>Can anybody tell me how to get the front inner wheel bearing seals out?
>The hub has 4 projections holding the metal frame of the seal in.  The
>shop manual doesn't note these.  It just says to pry the old seal out.

The shop manual is right.  Just pry the seal out.  Put a little elbow
grease behind it and the seal *will* give up.  Usually a large screw driver
across the back of the hub does the trick although if you got tricky you
could pick up a seal hook tool and pop it out...   but the pry trick does
as well.

tony..