<VV> TEMP/PRESS Light Coming On

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:38:26 -0400

Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Tom Hughes
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 9:26 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> TEMP/PRESS Light Coming On

My daughter's been driving the '63 Sedan (102/PG) and she's been telling
me that after a long uphill climb on the Interstate (65-70 MPH) the T/P
light comes on. She's pulled over and turned the engine off to check the
oil level. It's been above the add mark, so she gets back in and turns
the engine on. The light goes off and stays off. The outside temp has not
been the same the handful of times that this has happened, but it's
always happened after a 10+ mile run on the interstate. I'm running 10W30
oil with a new NAPA filter. Is the oil too light? Also, the dip stick is
usually up a few inches after a run, so I'm thinking that the PCV needs
replacement and those lines to the crankcase should be cleaned out. Could
this cause the light to come on? It's been a while since I adjusted the
point gap. Could a change in the dwell cause an overheating condition?
Anything else to check?

Thanks for the sage advice.

Tom in Baltimore, MD
'63 Monza Sedan
'64 Monza Convertible that my daughter and I are restoring
'65 Pontiac Lemans Convertible project
__