<VV> Update to previous electrical problem

David Baker dbaker10@twcny.rr.com
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:50:16 -0400

I recently posted about an electrical problem I was having after
returning from a cruise in. I found out my brake lights, tail
lights, dash lights and dome light didn't work after getting home
that night. Every time the brake pedal was depressed, the fuse
blew.

I also had the engine out recently putting new piston rings in.
While the engine was out, I ran some wires through the tunnel for
some gauges I'm installing. When I put the tunnel pan back on, I
unknowingly put a screw through the main wiring harness that's in
the tunnel. It was one of the screws that was right next to where
the fuel line from the gas tank enters the tunnel.

I had to tape up a few of the wires in the harness and tape the
harness back up. Now all my lights work correctly.

Thanks to everyone who sent emails with suggestions on what to
look for and how to go about troubleshooting. I really
appreciated it.

Dave Baker