<VV> Convention report - Sunday

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 23:59:45 EDT

Well - Lexington is rocking tonight. At least in the air. Heavy
thundershowers and HD lightning are all around. Barb and I shut down the lights and opened
the North facing curtains and took in a hour-long light show! Especially great
from the 15th floor! Beats the light shows from the 60s! - As I remember! Not
much lightning in California! Some of the heaviest rain I have ever seen, as
well!
At 4PM today, the drag racers met to go over the rules for tomorrows runs. I
am hopeful that it won't be rained out. There is a rain date agreed upon for
Tuesday. If it moves to Tuesday, I won't be able to run. There are at least 18
Corvairs ready to run. I don't know why more stockers didn't take the chance.
Lots of familiar faces arriving today. Of course, the LeVeques arrived,
they'll be drag racing tomorrow. Mark from Southwest Corvair, Rob Landers, the
Burkhardts,  Dennin Pleau is now hooked up here at the hotel, he promised more
reports, he may even upload some pictures to the appropriate sites. Great news,
Frank, about the LeMans win with the Corvettes. I can't wait to see the
NorthStar Vair when it arrives later in the week!  Night All! - Drag racing report
tomorrow - Seth Emerson