<VV> 62 Spyder engine assistance

Gallagher, Kevin Kevin.Gallagher@p-s-m.com
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:04:02 -0400

I am a new owner of a 62 Spyder coupe in fair condition (and new to Virtual
Vairs).  The engine was "partially restored, needs assembled".  I have been
progressing well through the assembly and am basically left with "lashing" the
valves and restoring the turbo/carb.  I have followed some literature (Corvair
Repair and Maintenance Manual, GM service bulletin on 'new' corvair
turbocharger) but am feeling uneasy with the valves.  Since timing is
critical, I want to get this right.  I am looking for recommendations on
guidance or, better yet, an experienced enthusiast in the Columbus, Ohio area
willing to lend a few hours of assistance.  Any input is appreciated.

Kevin.Gallagher@p-s-m.com