<VV> RE: Concours, for reference

mopar@jbcs2.net mopar@jbcs2.net
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:10:02 -0400

Went to a local AACA show this past weekend, took a 3rd with my 73
Thunderbird in the T-Bird Class. In any event I was having a conversation
with a friend of mine that was formerly in charge of concours rules for
VTCI(Vintage Thunderbird Club International). Two of the reasons he quit
doing this were on the show field for display. Two 62 Birds which were AACA
National Senior winners, were purchased by their current owners already
restored. They were both beautiful, but do not fare too well in VTCI
competition where they lose many points for incorrectness and errors made
during the restoration, technically by VTCI rules they should not compete
as they are "technically" modified. They lose enough points though to not
score well at all. One of the cars even has a "lopey" cam in the motor
which they hear as he drives on the field, technically not allowed as well.
My friend gave me a rundown and I went and checked as to all the items he
was referring to. I would never have known myself without being told.
The owners can not get over the fact that thee cars scored easy senior in
AACA but fail to do the same in VTCI.........My friend ran into them and
told them again while the questioning started it is no longer his
job......go complain to the new chair.

This reminds me of last weeks discussion over concours classification for
vairs. We do have it lucky in having an expert willing to do the
classification, at least we have an expert that knows what is correct and
keeps doing it......

Just thought I would pass this along...

Gary Swiatowy

http://mail2web.com/ .