<VV> Convention report - Seth

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:25:00 EDT

 Dennis Pleau wrote:
Main street was blocked off and all the cars parked a long the
street.  The raffle car lead the parade followed  by Corvairs in model
year.  The raffle car looks great.

Well - Dennis gave most of my report - Thanks, Bro! I sat through the same
board meeting. After a few hours of selling wires and stuff, this evening,
instead of watching the parade, my wife and I enjoyed a quiet dinner at a downtown
restaurant. After that, though, we wandered out among the many parked and
displayed cars in the blocked-off downtown Lexington streets. Everybody seemed
happy, sort of like a festival, (except the three (non-Vair) drivers who ignored
the NO PARKING signs, left their cars there, and got ticketed! Ouch!) - People
wandered through, both Corvair people and non-Vair People, I answered many
questions about years and models! After we finished viewing the cars, Barb and I
wandered back to the restaurant, just as a few rain showers began. It was a
great event, people loved it! The raffle car, indeed, looked fantastic!  -
Tomorrow is the concours!!  - Until tomorrow night! - Seth