<VV> Conversion to EFI: Is it really cost effective? (reply, long)

WadeHalsey hihal@adelphia.net
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:40:54 -0400

NicolCS@aol.com wrote:

>snip-------------------------- there are three places to tune an engine: max power, max emissions, and max fuel economy. You can get some of the benefit of EFI by using an oxygen sensor based air/fuel ratio meter to calibrate your carburetors for maximum economy.  Also pay attention to intake and exhaust flow to improve breathing.
>
>At the moment, my carbureted '67 beats my EFI '66 in fuel economy by several
>miles per gallon.  Next winter I plan to re-cam the '66 EFI car and I have
>already re-geared it(3.08).  This might put it ahead of the carbureted '67.
>OTOH, if the jets in the '67 are spot-on, the EFI car will probably just match it.

Craig, what are the jet sizes in your primary carbs and what is altitude
where you live?  Do you use the same same '67 carb/jet setup on the
street that won the fuel economy contest?

Wade Halsey  '69 110 PG  (26 Highway  20 City at 800' altitude)