<VV> '65 Evening Orchid Corsa in bodyshop

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:33:13 EDT

I visited my metallic child yesterday, in the body shop.  She's totally
stripped and sandblasted.  Could someone please put a towel around her?  Yeesh.
I'm really glad I pulled out the good motor and put an old motor in.  Even
though the engine is well covered, sand has a way of getting into things.  The
sandblasting revealed all the old wounds and layers.  Since leaving the factory in
Evening Orchid, it was black for a while, then yellow.  It's kinda neat,
going back to the original color because the original EO is still inside the doors
and other places.  Clarks is working on a new white interior and I'm getting
really excited.  I suspect that I'll have to sell some more of my stash on
ebay to pay for all of this, based on the tone and body language of my bodyman as
he excitedly pointed to all the extra work he has discovered and done.  A
little ding here, a little hole there, and "we'll just push a little on the
quarters to square-up the lines on the deck-lid".  Oh-Oh...  I guess it's time to
start digging into the stash...
Craig Nicol
65 Corsa vert EFI (bare-ly a car at the moment)
65 Corsa/Monza 140 vert (going to a new home in Canada this weekend)
66 Monza 140 EFI
67 Monza 140/4 sedan