<VV> Re: Fuel economy/costs, ...

Thomas Stingl tsc01@corvair.de
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:15:27 +0200

Bob wrote:

> the cheap gas here in the US is important to us. We don't have to
> drive a lot, we choose to. Having that freedom means I can
> live 35 miles from work and afford to commute. I don't have to
> live near state (ie tax payer) subsidized mass transportation.

Well our country is so small, whereever you live, mass transportation
is near. Which is a good thing, if only because most old people, even
with never expiring driving licenses, they cannot hold up to the daily
street combat, be it in the city or on the Autobahn. They freeze in
horror when the Mercedes appears in the rear mirror with 130 mp/h.
I for one commute daily 30 miles, summer time by car, winter time
often by train (and bicycle/walk).
Why I own 4 Corvairs, I don't really know ;-)
  Thomas