<VV> turn signal puzzle

seoxford@att.net seoxford@att.net
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:52:55 +0000

"my left turn signal is on, won't shut off (unless ign is off), and now my left brake light seem to be inop.  flasher in car (purchased in mar 04) is numbered 142, have tried new flasher from napa, didn't work at all, was informed it is electronic and needs setting, bought cheaper one for 1.50 and now right turn signal is on but won't go off. turn lever seems to not have any center-just down and up. books say nothing, anyone with ideas???  thanks bob (i looked in
vv archives back to feb but nothing available) any help appreciated.  bob "

Bob - more info please?  Early model or late?  And the statement from NAPA about having to "set" an electronic flasher is hooey.  If you have an em, the "switch" is on the steering column down low near the brake pedal.  LM's have the switch inside the steering wheel assembly.  Sorry - can't help without much more info.

Steve Oxford/'63 conv.