<VV> EUM ON THE ROAD / ULTRA BRAKES

Joe Robbins robbins@monticello.net
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:51:15 -0500

I know this BOHUNK employee ( flunky ) won't be doing any purchases.....

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Louis C. Armer, Jr.
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 4:43 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> EUM ON THE ROAD / ULTRA BRAKES

Until VERY recently, Stock drum brake equipped Late model Corvairs remained
in the top 20 stopping distances of all American passenger cars without
regard to
what type of brake system they used. The WTBRT race team uses ULTRA Race
brakes and is proud of their Autocross and Dragrace performances which put
great
demand on the brakes. ULTRA parts for the knowledgeable and demanding
Corvair
Driver !!! <GGG>

BOHUNK employees and Drivers are excluded from ULTRA purchases.............
Would you like to be REMOVED as well???

FrontMan
Eastern Representative of Mr. DeckRug
DeckRug Enterprises

//////////////////////
At 05:49 PM 6/18/04 +0000, you wrote:
>All
>You might see me jump to caps, as I feel the need to scream....
>
>TOOK THE EUM ON ITS TEST DRIVE THIS AM!!!!!!!
>
>Suspension:Handles the curves VERY WELL, 70 series tires holding a nice
>chunk of the road, 195's. Of course all ULTRA suspension parts were
>REMOVED!!!! everything in the front and rear suspension has been replaced
>or refurbished.
>Spoiler helps too. Nice CORSA wheel is much easier to handle than that 6"
>Mexican model Matt had on there.
>
>Drivetrain---one rocker arm seems to squeak a little when the engine is
>cold, but goes away when warm. Engine smooth.
>      Shifter has been adjusted with several of Eric's tricks he won't
> tell me about. Better than a quick shifter imo.
>      Only real bug is it seems to have too much tranny---this 4 speed I
> believe was originally in a van, and probably will be in a van again
> someday. When going 60, it sounds like you're going 70. I doubt I will
> take it up over 70mph anyway, not too many places around here other than
> the interstate where you can go 70, and I don't choose to do that often
> on a vehicle with 4 drum brakes. too long of a distance to stop. But
> overall, a torquey drivetrain. No problem for me.
>
>Passed safety inspection with flying colors. Alignment done right, tracks
>flawlessly.
>
>See next post......
>
>HANK

Corvair Atlanta, BOD