<VV> Lonzo and Convention observations

LonzoVair@aol.com LonzoVair@aol.com
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:34:33 EDT

Tony and the rest of you nuts,
I want to thank Tony, Terry Kalp, Chuck Armer, and of course Ken Hand for
getting my 63 'brier up and running... I was able to drive it back to the log
cabin in White Mills... it looks to be overheating a bit.. must be a mouse nest
or something in the top cover... I'll get to that soon enough. I was driving it
around the parking lot saturday afternoon, getting used to the hard
shifting... it loosened up after 75 or so miles... and it was pinging a bit, most
likely due to the old gas losing some octane... and by the time I got home the pin
hole in the U pipe was big enough for four fingers...
Mean while, back at the ranch....
I went to the Dr today and they x-rayed the leg again... still not good
enough, so I'm still in a cast for another month.
I gotta tell ya, I'm STILL smiling about this convention... I had a blast,
and all those who camped at the Ky Horse Park were pleasently surprised... We
had several people not come, maybe about 7, and 3 others showed up that hadn't
reserved a site, but it was all good. The campground management informed me
they were delighted to have us there, and look forward to any of us coming back.
I'll probably write up a story of sorts for the Communique and maybe even
Corvanantics, but I'll be sure to submit it to the list when I do.
Again, thanks to Tony, Terry & Chuck for getting my 'brier down to Lexington
(You guys need to ask Chuck about the "glow-in-the-dark" objects in the
bathroom at the house we just sold!), and also thanks to Ken Hand (and his wife
Linda, too!) for helping me out, working on my van in the very humid KY heat (it
was a good example of the type of weather we have in July, only it gets hotter
and more humid then!)... he is a true trooper, and I appreciate everything
that all four of those big lugs did for me.
Tony's better half took some pictures, I hope I get a few of them... and my
daughters had a lovely time with his "demon child" he speaks of from time to
time... I made the comment to Professor Wildman that Tony's daughter and my two
daughters were somewhere in the Hyatt, possibly planning to overthrow the
government... the good Professor wished them all the luck in the world.
;-)
I gotta say, my only regret was missing the newsletter editors' meeting...
Well, I gotta get some rest... been busy all day, and I'm already wore out
from last week. Thanks to EVERYONE who came, and thanks for all the well-wishes
for a quick recovery, but it looks like July before this cast comes off.
Y'all take care,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.... home, safe and sound
1964 700 sedan 95/pg