<VV> Convention Reflections

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:47:10 -0400

Smitty says:  Great Convention.Though I didn't compete in everything but
I hear that the Rally and Econo Run were well organized.  The Car Display
had about 140 cars in it and the Concours 70.  The autocross requested
that people be there for Tech as early as 6:30 for a first car off at
9:00.  The first car got off more like 11:00 but I will give credit for
that to the local SCCA which was handling the event.  Typical.!!  I want
to make one more comment on the autocross.  As usual they requested that
people who were running in one heat, work the course in another heat.  It
seems that some people are just too damn important to give their time
after they get their runs.  I would like to see those self centered
people NOT get recognition for their "times" in the comunique and NOT
receive awards at the banquet later.  The VV  meeting was not very well
attended which I assume was due to the late hour of the meeting.
Nevertheless it was a pleasure meeting a few more of our group.  One
young man in particular deserves all the recognition he can get.  Ricke
Williams did a fantastic job on the raffel car.  It was a beauty, which
was evidenced by it scoring 96 points in the concours.
        On a personal note I need to mention that Doug Mackintosh is
likely using nitrous in his 62.  How else can I explain that he with his
inferior driving skills, and with his inferior 102 engine, beat me and my
wagon in the autocross.
        I have it on good authority that in 05 the convention will be
moved to Oregon for the express purpose of getting it close enough to
Patio Matt's location, that he can actually drive an Ultra Corvair all
the way to the convention without breaking down.