<VV> Lonzo and Convention observations

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:51:08 +0000

Lonzo,JR and the rest of you as well!

> From: LonzoVair@aol.com
Subject: Re: <VV> Lonzo and Convention observations

First some Corvair Content-----

I am proud to be a member of this group when I read about things that we do for each other. Ken Hand and associates did one hell of an act of kindness getting lon's van running again.

> hmlinc@sbcglobal.net writes:
> But, I think the KY bourbon must be an acquired taste...  I tried, but it
> did not work for me.
>
> JR,
> Back when I used to drink the stuff there were several I wouldn't even think
> of sippin'... there's now only one I use for "cooking" purposes... Wild Turkey
> 101 proof... gives a "zing!" to my bourbon ball candy I make up around
> Christmas.>

Lonzo is correct, there are LOTS of bourbons out there. Only a few meet the standard as good sippin' whiskey.
Many are "really Rotgut"---as in I would rather drink Lincoln County Moonshine---known in these parts as "white Liquor" than some of the bourbon out there on the shelf at the all boys college (ABC Store).

Wild Turkey was my bourbon of choice from 1980 when I started to drink it until last year.
Austin Nichols, the American company that makes Wild Turkey
is now owned by a French Consortium, the same one that owns Perrier water....

I poured what I had left in the bottle down the drain the day I found out. Once the French decide that being an Ally of the United States is NOT a one way street, flowing from US to THEM, Perhaps I will imbibe it again...Until then, Makers Mark fills the bill, Old Grand Dad is pretty good as well.

WW's 1 and 2, and Dien Bien Phu, all had the same ad---For Sale--French Rifles--never fired, and only dropped once!!

BTW, Drinking Bourbon Whiskey IS an aquired taste. Easier to aquire than Scotch, and cheaper to boot. That qualifies as Corvair Content too, doesn't it???\
HANK