<VV> RE: [fastvair] 2005 conventions

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:09:26 -0400

Barry Ellison here... Corsa SC, NW SC area.

Was it Bill Hubbell, or Norm Witte, on Virtual Vairs, recently discussing
one in Virginia somewhere?  I couldn't find the thread.

Besides the autocross suggested, what else is in a mini?  Does it have full
concours, people's choice, Ed Cole/Mitchell award, rally, econorun, vendors,
and the most important... AUTOCROSS?  Is it a full national with just fewer
entrants?  I would expect that to be the goal.

Portland, is probably just too far for me and my immediate family to go.
($1800 (current prices) in gas for the RV to tow the vair with a 5 yr old
child... Nope - not happening)  Can't speak for my older brother, this
year's Don Yenko winner  !!!! ... nor my father.  I think my father is also
opting out of Portland, simply due to the distance.

Don't get me wrong - would love to drive thru the area, but 3 wks off next
year ain't in the plans.

I _might_ be able to fly there, but alone.  (Might even get work to pay for
it - weeeeeee!)

> Iowa Mini convention on June 23, 2005?
>    They have a 12 year old Marriot Hotel for $79 per night. The Hotel has
> much room for set ups.
>    The autocross would be at the Marshalltown Kark track. The track is
> a .7
> mile, 3 Kart wide road course which doubles back upon itself for total
> viewing.
> NO cones; it's a blast.
>    Obviously, everything is already set up.
>    If you are interested, please contact Bob Dunahugh and encourage (very
> necessary at this point)  him a lot.

Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.